Sergiy Nesterenko, M.D
Dr. Nesterenko is a fellowship-trained board certified orthopaedic spine surgeon.
He has experience in diagnosis and treatment of multiple conditions of the musculoskeletal system, which allows him to carefully differentiate between symptoms originating at the level of spine from diseases of other bones and joints.
Dr. Nesterenko treats a broad spectrum of spine pathologies with emphasis on degenerative conditions. He uses both state-of-the-art minimally invasive and well established traditional technologies in spine surgery, while emphasizing the importance of exhaustive nonoperative treatment.
Dr. Nesterenko’s Education and Work Experience
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy, Ukraine. Graduated medical school in 2002 and completed his orthopaedic residency and fellowship by 2006.
- Mayo Clinic, Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory, Rochester, MN. Two years of basic orthopaedic research undertaken from 2006 to 2008.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD. Completed orthopedic residency from 2008 to 2013.
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH. Completed combined orthopaedic-neurosurgical fellowship in spine surgery in 2013-2014.
- Grace Clinic, Lubbock, TX. Started spine surgery practice in 2014